1. (6am) I’m out of coffee this morning, so instead I had a cup of apricot ginger tea before going to the gym (cardio day).
2 & 3. (7:30am) I made 6 servings of that pepperoni and mushroom omelet yesterday, so guess what I’m eating for breakfast all week! Today, I had it with Weight Control banana bread oatmeal that I topped with a TBS of chocolate chips, walnuts and a splash of Skim Plus milk. Mmmmm… Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day. By the way, in case you couldn’t tell, I ate 2/3 of the omelet before I remembered to photograph it! I was really hungry after the gym.
434 calories, 20g fat, 41g carbs, 8g fiber, 20g protein
4 & 5. (9:45am) My usual: a double tall nonfat latte. Today, I paired it with a 1/2 a peanut butter sandwich made with light oatmeal bread, Skippy Natural peanut butter (good stuff!) and Trader Joe’s Organic Reduced Sugar Strawberry Preserves. I also had some fresh strawberries in the fridge, so I decided to slice a couple for the sandwich. That might have been the best decision I made today! Not-so-good decision: forgetting my vitamins.
269 calories, 9g fat, 40g carbs, 4g fiber, 18g protein
6. (Noon) Lunchtime! I had a slice of veggie pizza, 3 oz grilled chicken, 1 c. steamed broccoli and a “healthy” (read: low fat) version of an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. The cookie was a little dry, but crisp on the outside. There weren’t tons of chocolate chips in there, but they were mini chips, so they had a pretty big impact. This really didn’t fit into my Body-For-Life plan that I’m following, but my heart was calling out to the dessert section today, so I decided to splurge on something that might not be on plan, but really wasn’t all that bad for me. The only problem is that the nutritional information wasn’t available on site or on the website, so I my totals for today will be a little lower than reality.
401 calories, 12 g fat, 38 g carbs, 4g fiber, 39g protein
7. (3pm) I’m repeating yesterday’s tuna and celery sticks and my Adora tablet. I also thought I’d try this new zero-calorie flavored water for a change of pace and taste.
156 calories, 8g fat, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 16g protein
8. (5pm) A little sweet treat (sugar free Werthers) to keep me going during my writer’s group meeting.
16 calories, 0g fat, 6gcarbs, 0g fiber, 0g protein
9 & 10. (8pm) Another dinner on the run this week! I didn’t get home til late tonight, so I made a quick dinner of canned baked beans, salad w/balsamic spray dressing, green beans and turkey hot dogs (just 40 calories each!) with dijon. Dessert: sugar-free Jello and Cool Whip Light.
412 calories, 5g fat, 64g carbs, 16g fiber, 24g protein
- 1688 calories (probably add another 100 for the cookie)
- 52g fat (27% of calories from fat)
- 194g carbs (45% of calories from carbs)
- 34g fiber
- 120g protein (28% of calories from protein)