- 1/2 c. cooked jasmine rice
- 2 TBS chopped sweet onion
- 1 TBS craisins
- 1 TBS raw slivered or sliced almonds
- pinch of cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- cooking spray
- Place a dry frying pan on the stovetop, heat set to medium. Once warm, toss the almonds in the pan and toast them until fragrant. Be careful not to overcook. Set the nuts aside.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray and saute the onion until soft. Add the craisins, almonds and rice, stirring to blend and heat thoroughly. Add a pinch of cinnamon and salt, to taste.
Nutritional Information: 4 WW points, according to my mom!
- 198 calories
- 5 g fat
- 37 g carbs
- 2 g fiber
- 4 g protein
I cook a big batch of rice in the rice cooker and portion it into freezer bags or food storage containers and freeze until I need it. Since I often cook for one, this saves a lot of prep time and dirty dishes.
This recipe is easy to double or quadruple for couples, families or folks who just like leftovers. (Approximately 4 TBS=1/4 c. for dry measures.)
You can also use fresh cranberries in this recipe. If so, you’d slice the cranberries in half and cook them with the onions until they become soft.