Another day doing the QuestionsforDessert food journal challenge, and I’m back on track! In fact, I’m a little impressed that I didn’t graze all day, since I was snowed in due to the storm.
1. (9am) Breakfast. Cup of coffee with Land O’Lakes Low-Fat Half and Half, 2 eggs over easy, and an onion Carb Kruncher Bagel with 1 TBS Shed’s Spread Omega Plus. The Carb Kruncher bagels are hard to find, but they’re perfect for people trying to watch their carbs intake. Instead of plain ole white flour, they’re made with a mix of almond, soy, bran, oat, sesame and wheat flours to reduce total carb grams and increase fiber. They’re a little dry, but taste fine toasted.
370 calories, 21 g fat, 17 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 14 g protein
2. (11am) 2 glasses of Ocean Spray diet cran juice served in the glass I so carefully brought back from Ireland back in 2001, only to see them mass produced at Target several years later.
10 calories, 2 g carbs
3. (1:30pm) Lunch. Nothing tastes as good as tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on a cold winter day. Trader Joe’s organic low-sodium creamy tomato soup, fresh tomato wedges, grilled tuna melt made with 2% singles, dry tuna, spray butter and light oatmeal bread.
436 calories, 13 g fat, 49 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 39 g protein
4. (3:30pm) Snack. Strawberry smoothie made with Skim Plus milk, frozen strawberries and Aria vanilla protein powder.
200 calories, 1 g fat, 32 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 21g protein
At about 5:30, the snow had stopped and I decided to sneak a trip to the gym for an upper body workout and a brisk 10 minute walk. I started adding short brisk walks to my day a few weeks ago and found that it really helped relieve stress and clear my head. And, please–I may be busy, but I can afford 10 minutes. I want to start adding one of these in to my lunch break and another one after work.
5. (7:30pm) Dinner. I was bummed that the bean sprouts I bought for this dish had already gone bad, but the rest of the meal was still delicious. I made a modified version of Hungry Girl’s Shrimp Pad Thai (I used less noodle, more shrimp and veggies): shrimp, Shirataki tofu noodles, broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, Egg Beaters, scallions, tomato sauce, chili garlic sauce, teriyaki sauce, Splenda, peanut butter. Also, an orange, SF Jello and Cool Whip Light.
449 calories, 17 g fat, 43 g carbs, 10 g fiber, 38 g protein
- 1460 calories
- 47 g fat (30% of calories)
- 142 g carbs (39% of calories)
- 28 g fiber
- 112 g protein (31% of calories)