I love pumpkin and winter squash and I toss canned pumpkin in my oats all the time. Today I decided to take a leap of faith and toss some in my breakfast smoothie. Results? Delicious!
- 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 container of Oikos vanilla yogurt
- 2 TBS sugar free pancake syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Whirl it all up in your blender and you’re good to go for a great breakfast on the run.
- 229 calories
- 2 g. fat
- 30 g. carbohydrates
- 4 g. fiber
- 23 g. protein
According to my tracker, unofficially, this is 4 WW points. Also, it’s a great source of protein and calcium.
- I freeze canned pumpkin into tablespoon or quarter cup sized servings. Not only does this ensure that leftover pumpkin won’t go bad, but it makes my smoothies colder and thicker. No need to defrost.
- I love my 16oz double walled Starbucks travel cup for cold drinks on the run.
- By choosing vanilla yogurt, this adds a touch of sweetness, but you could easily replace it with plain Greek yogurt instead.
- Greek yogurt has more protein than traditional American yogurts so it’s more filling. It’s also thicker and creamier which makes for a more satisfying smoothie.