This lovely dish was Monday night’s dinner.
It took just 10 minutes. Yup. That’s just 600 seconds. Ready… GO!
- a 6 oz salmon fillet
- salt and pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- Trader Joe’s Beluga Lentils (they’re pre-cooked!)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped onion, celery, mushroom and carrot (I used shredded carrot and sliced mushroom to keep it quick and easy, but I’ve been tempted to get already prepared mirepoix, which is finely chopped carrot, celery and onion, from my local supermarket.)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (I used Dorot frozen garlic cubes–they taste as good as the fresh stuff!)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp grated parm cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with the cooking spray and lay your salmon in the center of it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and fold the foil into an airtight packet around your fish.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and sautee the onion, carrot, mushroom and celery until soft. Add garlic. Toss in the lentils and heat until warmed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the oven is preheated, cook the salmon for 4-6 minutes for a 1/2 inch thick fillet.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and parmesan. Place the arugula on your dinner plate, then drizzle with the vinaigrette you just made. Place half of the lentil mixture on your plate (save the other half for lunch!). The salmon goes on top.
- If you really want to be fancy, sprinkle your plate (or at least the lentils) with some freshly chopped parsley. Viola!
- 600 calories (don’t let this scare you–it’s very filling. Choosing a 4 or 5oz portion of salmon would save you 55-110 calories and up to 7 g of fat, but remember this meal has healthy fats!)
- 29 g of fat
- 33 g carbs
- 17 g fiber
- 41 g protein