Holy heck, I did better than expected Friday.
1. I burned 3,000 calories, took 10,000 steps and completed 90 minutes of moderate physical activity before 9pm. The day ended at 3,310 calories burned, 10,781 steps and 104 minutes of moderate activity.
2. I couldn’t finish dinner. Seriously. I was ready to chew my arm off by the time I finally ate, but filled up quickly. Wasn’t hungry later either. Total calories consumed: only 1763 for the day!
3. I ran 25 FREAKIN’ minutes out of 45!!! This is the longest I have EVER run in MY LIFE. Sorry for the caps–I’m a little excited still. That means, this is the first time I’ve run for longer than I’ve walked and it’s the first time I’ve jogged 1 and 2/3 miles, heck, it’s the first time I’ve jogged more than a mile. Again, it was 5 minute jogging intervals with 2-3 minute walking intervals in between. Note to other runner-wannabes: listen to Fleetwood Mac. And then, when you’re feeling a little defiant, sassy and beaten down, listen to some old skool Kanye West.
Now if only I could get my CD burner/ripper to work so I could upload some new tunes and make some new workout mixes…
It was such a good run I was grinnin’ like a fool, although some of that could be attributed to the fact that I had sweat running down my triceps and dripping off my elbows–it was pretty darn ticklish!
The weekend was pretty chill thanks to the miserable weather. I spent some time at Starbucks & Borders typing away, then E and I did some groceries, made a corned beef dinner and watched a ton of movies (Children of Men, The Departed and Food, Inc.). Now, I’ve come home to a week of doc appointments, nighttime work commitments and at least 3 loads of laundry that probably should have been tackled last night.
This week’s workout plan is a little disrupted due to some of these nighttime work commitments:
- MONDAY: 45 minute wog, weights, abs
- TUESDAY: long walk after work with SenoritaGordita
- WEDNESDAY: spin & abs class, weights
- THURSDAY: 45 minute wog before work and doc appointment
- FRIDAY: 45 minutes cardio (not sure what), weights, abs
- SATURDAY: spin class or rest day–it depends on how my on call weekend goes.