For some reason, the plan-making part of this week isn’t coming together. I didn’t do it on Sunday, like I would normally, just because I was really enjoying relaxing and puttering around. I promised myself I would do it last night, but by the time I got home from running errands in the chilly rain and squeaking in a wog at the gym, the only thing I wanted to do was take a hot bath and make some soup before crawling into bed with a magazine.
One thing I know will be for dinner this week: a remake of last night’s thrown together soup. One pot/one serving.
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 oz of herbed goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 cup of reduced sodium broth (I used beef since that’s all I had–you can use vegetable, mushroom or chicken broth)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
Boil the cauliflower in the broth until fork tender. Add the cheeses and spices and puree with a stick blender or toss it in a regular blender.
It’s about 200 calories and pretty filling. The cottage cheese gives it that creamy, cheesy texture without tasting cottage cheesy–and it also packs this soup with protein. 25 grams worth. For vegetarians, you can easily use vegetable or mushroom broth to make this a truly meat-free soup.
Now… for this weeks food/fitness plan:
- Dinner: cheesy cauliflower soup with oven-roasted sweet potato “fries”
- Workout: long outdoor walk, possibly with SenioritaGordita
- Dinner: lemony chicken with olives (a Cooking Light recipe), served with cauliflower, green beans and some kinda of bean-y side (lentils, garbanzos or white beans)
- Workout: spin & abs class
- Dinner: grilled chicken with wing sauce, salad, steamed broccoli, oven-roasted potatoes
- Workout: rest day
- PM plans: concert! E and I are seeing Girl Talk with Matt & Kim on campus.
- Dinner: leftovers
- Workout: run and weights
- PM plans: program at work