First, a weight update. I weighed in on Friday, expecting a slight gain. Instead, I maintained. Phew!
I’ve set a few little mini goals:
- down 2 lbs this week
- down 1.4lbs next week to push me into the next lowest weight decade.
This weekend, I walked about 5 miles or so in NYC and ate responsibly on Saturday. I even did well (2 beers and a 300 calorie turkey burger on a whole grain bun with steamed broccoli instead of fries) at Friday’s unanticipated happy hour. I also did fine all day Sunday, until fatigue set in during my Lost series finale party and I ate too many crackers and too much brie. As expected, the scale was up a touch this morning, but nothing outlandish or irreversible.
The next couple weeks of triathalon training will be a little challenging due to weekend travel plans AND the fact that the brakes on my bike are shot (discovered just as I was getting on the road tonight for a ride). Regardless, I did make a plan and I intend on sticking to it.
- Sunday: rest
- Monday: was supposed to be a 45 minute bike ride, ended up being a walking/rest day
- Tuesday: 20 min run/25 min walk/weights
- Wednesday: 500 yard swim
- Thursday: 35 min run/weights/400 yard swim
- Friday: 45 min bike ride
- Saturday: outdoor run with my sister
- Sunday: rest
- Monday: run 20 min/walk 25 min
- Tuesday: 50 min bike ride/weights
- Wednesday: 600 yard swim/45 min spin class/15 min abs class
- Thursday: weights/45 min spin class/swim 750 yards
- Friday: run 40 minutes
- Saturday: rest day
As for the bike, I don’t want to invest tons of cash into a new one, since I don’t really know if I love outdoor biking (or triathalons) enough to warrant that. I may see if I can get the brakes fixed or get something inexpensive on sale at Target. (On the day of my tri, I will likely rent a good bike.)