This was going to be written and posted Sunday, except our wedding weekend festivities lasted longer than anticipated. Evan and I didn’t get home until after 3pm yesterday, thanks to some hospitable friends who let us stay at their place in the city. The wedding was fun–it was on a pirate ship, featured great food and an open bar and even though I knew all 3-4 people (but not well), we had a blast. There will be a post later this week on my fab dress shopping experience.
Despite the late return home, I did manage to plan my upcoming week and also start drafting some blog posts (or at least develop ideas) for this week while Evan and I were sprawled on the couch with the cat and season two of Breaking Bad (OhMyGod I love this show!). I feel prepared for the week–but it will be busy considering I am taking Thursday and Friday off which means Monday through Wednesday will be crammed full of work.
This past week was a pretty successful week, even though I had to go back to work for evening commitments 4 nights, had a wedding, 3 dinners out and a 4am wake-up call to drive someone to the airport. I lost 1.1lbs, enjoyed Outback and Dairy Queen and dressed in clothes that made me feel and look good all week. I feel like I’m much more focused than I was back in September. High five for a strong start, October!
Last week’s weekly goals were:
- Limit caffeinated coffee to 1 cup in the afternoon: I did cut back on coffee, but didn’t stick rigidly to this plan… we’ll give it another try this week.
- Limit daily grams of sugar to <30: this feels damn near impossible. I was cruising past 30 grams of sugar, even on days where I ate no sweet treats. I’ve been eating more apples and the occasional banana, which is keeping my sugar consumption high. I need to recraft this goal for this week.
- meet the same ole nutritional goals (1200-1300 calories, 50% of calories from carbs, 25% from fat, 25% from protein, 5 produce servings, 2 dairy servings, 25g fiber, sodium under 2200mg, 8 glasses of water): Done 75-80% of the time. It was hard to judge with so many meals out. I met my calorie and nutrient ratio goal 5 out of 7 days and met fiber, produce and sodium goals all but 1 day.
- Log food. Daily! No excuses! Done!
- Lose 1-2 pounds weekly. Done! lost 1.1lbs.
- Read daily: Again, not done.
This week’s planning:
- Exercise: rest day
- Dinner: Cooking Light’s Spicy Shrimp Noodle Bowl
Monday: On call for work–it could be a low-sleep night, if it’s busy!
- Exercise: 2mile run (intervals on the treadmill) & strength-training
- Dinner: whole wheat pasta bowl with fresh spinach, red pepper flakes and turkey sausage
Tuesday: evening work commitment
- Exercise: Yoga, walk
- Dinner: Cooking Light’s Thai Chicken with broccoli, green beans and brown rice
Wednesday: PM commitment: errangs, including a Trader Joe’s trip
- Exercise: 45 minute spin & abs class
- Dinner: Monday dinner leftovers
Thursday: Day off!
- Exercise: 2.5 mile run
- Dinner: Roasted chicken, spinach salad, roasted potatoes and carrots
Friday: Day off!
- Exercise: afternoon yoga class
- Dinner: Tuesday dinner leftovers
- Exercise: 2 mile outdoor run, weights
- Dinner: Thursday dinner leftovers
Goals: I feel pretty confident that my logging and calorie goals have become habit now, so I’m taking them off the weekly list.
- Limit coffee to 1 cup in the afternoon
- Limit sweets to home-baked items in moderation & the occasional post-lunch piece of chocolate.
- Lose 1-2 pounds weekly
- Read daily