I made breakfast yesterday, but didn’t have time to eat it. Oatmeal. With egg beaters, vanilla and cinnamon. I was considering stirring in some pumpkin.
I was exhausted, so I chose to sleep a little later and eat breakfast at my desk. It didn’t happen. I was running later than anticipated and had to jump straight into a meeting. And then there was follow-up on the meeting. And then another meeting. And then a disaster called lunch:
- 3/4 cup of baked potato soup
- 1 cup of macaroni and cheese
- something that was a cross between chicken nuggets and popcorn chicken
- 1 pierogi
- no vegetables
- 2 chocolate cookies
- a cup of coffee (I think it was decaf, but it wasn’t labeled)
And then I worked late and ran errands after work. I snacked on some pretzels in between. Dinner was some random stuff from the Wegman’s Wokery and a pear.
I felt like crap.
I had too many carbs.
I had one measly piece of produce.
I didn’t work out.
BUT I drank lots of water to try to rinse out my system. (5 glasses)
I parked far away from the store so I got extra walking in. And then I walked around campus tonight attending a couple programs and saying hi to several of my students.
I’m done eating.
I could have had multiple pierogies. I could have had seconds on the mac and cheese. I could have added some ice cream to those cookies. Or drank soda. And more coffee.
Lesson learned. Don’t Skip Breakfast. Today’s a new day.
Total damage: Surprisingly only 1338 calories, but 61 grams of fat, only 7 grams of fiber and 2740 mg of sodium.
- Already ate breakfast (Fiber One English Muffin with goat cheese and 1/2 cup of scrambled egg beaters)
- Snack is packed: raspberries and raw almonds. There may be a nonfat (decaf) latte in my future too.
- Lunch will be Mongolian Grill (shrimp, chicken and tofu, tons of veggies and brown rice) at the dining hall. No cookies but maybe a 25 calorie piece of the chocolate almond bar I have stashed in my desk.
- Dinner is spaghetti squash with part skim ricotta and portobello mushrooms with a side salad. My dinner date? Brittany. She’s also my spin class date today.