This is going to be short and sweet this week…
Goals: This week coffee is coming off the list. I’ve cut down to 1 cup daily and I don’t have coffee or half & half in the house, so it will be even less of a temptation.
- Limit coffee to 1 cup in the afternoon: done! There were times that I had coffee in the morning instead, but I didn’t consume more than 1 cup a day.
- Limit sweets to home-baked items in moderation & the occasional post-lunch piece of chocolate: no sweets this week until I made pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies this weekend. Score!
- Lose 1-2 pounds weekly: Fail. But not from lack of trying.
- Read daily: I’m going to be stubborn and keep this on here until I do it. I read Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but not during the week.
My workouts were pretty on target. I didn’t end up making time for Tuesday’s yoga, but did about a mile or so of walking with running errands after work and attending a couple campus programs (walked from my apartment to each location and back). My “long” run this week was 2.5 miles. I thought I was going to flop it due to not feeling too well (the belly issues), but I did fine. Saturday’s outdoor run was less fine due to belly issues and a 40-50mph headwind. Most of it was walking.
This week’s plan:
I’m acknowledging now that this may be tricky. I seemed to knock out my back this morning while doing chores around the house. I’m currently icing it and have already done some preliminary stretches but with my bad back history, I’m not fooling around this week. It hurts and it feels very weak right now. Therefore, runs may need to be walks and spin may need to be in the saddle. If I still have back pain by Tuesday morning, I’m scheduling a doc appointment. In the meantime, this is the training & nutrition schedule I’m hoping to follow:
- rest day
- roasted chicken, cauliflower & olives, spinach salad, roasted potatoes
- 2 mile walk
- pulled pork, green beans, baked sweet potato
- rest day or 2 mile walk, stretching
- on call tonight
- spin & abs class
- Buffalo-style chicken, green beans, roasted carrot “french fries”
- 3 mile run
- dinner out–concert night
- 2 mile outdoor run
- Dinner To Be Determined
This Week’s Goals
Goals: This week coffee is coming off the list. I’ve cut down to 1 cup daily and I don’t have coffee or half & half in the house, so it will be even less of a temptation. My biggest challenge will be keeping a positive attitude with today’s little back issue–it’s brought back a lot of fears that came with my old surgery, being out of commission for quite a while (3 months recovery time but 5-6 months of pre-surgical time as I was diagnosed, attempted PT and drug therapy first and then made decisions regarding appropriate surgical treatment).
- Stay positive but monitor my back carefully, take notes, see doc if it doesn’t improve and be my own advocate when it comes to medical care.
- Limit sweets to home-baked items in moderation & the occasional post-lunch piece of chocolate
- Lose 1-2 pounds weekly
- Read daily