This achilles tendinitis is stalling me on my “get back to the gym” plan. I ended up taking Tuesday off, but
wandered limped around the mall instead. Fortunately, it feels a little bit better today after wearing a compression bandage on it the past two days and icing it more frequently Wednesday. I didn’t go to spin, as planned last night, but I did do 30 minutes on the elliptical without further injuring myself. I should be perfectly fine for tonight’s spin class.
Food is going okay. Not as many veggies as I usually eat, but tons of fruit (2-4 servings daily) and dairy (3-4 servings daily). Today’s sample meal plan:
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 2 slices light rye toast with 1/2 TBS Smart Balance
- 1/2 cup of blueberries and strawberries
- whole wheat tortilla with 2 TBS guacamole and salsa
- Not sure yet… soup and sandwich? or shrimp and veggie stir fry with brown rice.
- smoothie with 1/3 c. Greek yogurt, 1/3 c. skim milk, a banana and 3 frozen strawberries (my other go to snack this month has been a serving of fruit and an organic string cheese stick)
- 1 cup of leftover Martha Stewart mac & cheese with 1 cup of steamed green beans
- 1/2 a slice of Miranda‘s amazing zucchini bread
- glass of skim milk
I’ve spent at least a half hour reading every day this week (with a good 3 hours on Sunday). I’ve been getting 7-8 hours of sleep nightly (minus a 2-3:30am wake-up last night again). I’m feeling more balanced and relaxed.
Pretty good considering we are about to enter the busiest part of the season, no? What are you doing to stay sane this holiday season?