Friday, I enjoyed exercise for the first time in months. And I did more than twice my minimum 30 minutes of activity. My friend Brittany came to campus and we just walked around for a little over an hour, while talking and catching up on each other’s lives.
It. Was. Awesome.
It made me forget about the fact that I was exercising and it totally kept me engaged and entertained. My reward afterwards was a bubblebath full of Moonlight Path and some time reading with no guilt about not getting enough exercise in my day.
At the end of the day, I was tired, relaxed and accomplished. I want to feel that on most days.
I had great plans to make the most of this week. It’s spring break, so work should be relatively easy with fewer meetings, less opportunity for schedule-busting student emergencies, more administrative time and no evening commitments.
And then I got sick.
I’m currently running on just 5 hours of sleep because a chest-rattling cough and wheezing has kept me–and the baby, who’s kicking as if to say “Shut up, ma! Let me get some sleep.”–awake. Trust me, dude. I feel your pain.
So this week will entail a “take-it-easy” mentality: walking on most days, in bed at 10pm every night (alarm set for 7am) and little to no working late or bringing work home.
Dinners this week:
SUNDAY was Tuscan Vegetable Soup with crusty bread and goat cheese
- MONDAY is seafood (shrimp & scallop) scampi with roasted asparagus
- TUESDAY is taco salad
- WEDNESDAY is spicy peanut chicken stir fry
- THURSDAY is leftovers
- FRIDAY is dinner out because we’re going to see a performance by Michael Ian Black.
There are a few relaxation projects I’d like to indulge in and a couple errands that need to get done. Those include:
- making an adorable owl mobile inspired by this.
- getting maternity pants and some tights and pantyhose (Tuesday?).
- do my taxes (Wednesday?).
- and maybe start organizing my recipes (a task that can easily be done while watching TV or a movie).
So what are you doing this week?