Last night, I so badly wanted to repeat what I did last Thursday: go to the gym and power through a 30 minute cardio workout and fit in a weight circuit before going home and catching up on sleep. As the day wore on, I became more and more fatigued.
Instead, I took a nap. It was meant to last 45 minutes (I set my alarm), but ended up lasting 2 hours. At 7:30, I woke up hungry and realized the only activity in my future was heating up dinner and walking up the stairs to go to bed. So that’s what I did.
I ended up sleeping a total of 10 hours and feel much better for doing that. I’ve been more focused and productive today and (mostly) more patient and appreciative. Sleep is often my miracle drug.
I’ll definitely hit up the gym tonight and have drafted a plan for the rest of the week that allows me to take a day or two off (and still meet my goal) if circumstances require it:
- Tuesday: 30 min bike, weight circuit after work
- Wednesday: 30 min walk in the morning
- Thursday: 30 min walk in the morning
- Friday: 30 min bike and weight circuit after work
- Saturday: off (shopping/errand day)
- Sunday: off or make-up session